Brands create value. They are essential to sponsorship deals and merchandising.
· Can be a word or name, a phrase, a symbol, or a logo
· Are assets
· Create identity
· Distinguish you from others
· Build a reputation
· Are recognizable
What does your club’s brand stand for? Branding defines and communicates your club’s culture and DNA. It builds trust and identity. It is extremely important that the club lives up to what the brand represents. The more successful a team/club, the more valuable its brand. Branding of clubs, teams, and players have the potential to generate revenue.
The use and exploitation of your trademark establish your legal rights in the mark. Federal Registration of your trademark provides:
1. Exclusive rights to use your brand nationwide
2. Legal presumption of ownership
3. Puts the public on notice that you are the owner of the brand
4. Registration in the USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office)
5. Use your trademark registration as a basis for foreign registration
6. You have the right to use the ® symbol next to your mark
Should you register your mark? YES! Have a question/consultation? Feel free to contact us!